If you check with any Human Resource (HR) professional on why they chose to be in that profession, two of the common responses you will get most often, “I am very much a people’s person”, or “I love helping out people or communicating with people”.
But do you think that’s reason enough to succeed in this profession?
An approachable persona is required to perform the responsibilities of an HR, but to have a thorough understanding of the relevant processes and technologies is equally important.
Today, we are going to delve deep into the top 12 HR tools that every HR professional must know and gain some expertise around it.
Top 12 HR tools every professional should know in 2021
When it comes to HR tools, you will find the majority of the tools in the recruitment sector.
- Corporate giving tools
- Onboarding tools
- Pre-employment assessments
- Job advert optimization tools
- Sourcing tools
1. Corporate giving tools
Besides the tools and technologies, there is also the human element in HR. You can get involved in a corporate volunteering program, which also provides you with an engaging way of interacting with candidates and giving back to the community. Here are a few platforms that can help you:
Alaya is the ultimate platform if you intend to start an employee volunteering program and build a purpose-driven culture in your organization. With Alaya, you will now be able to:
- Engage with your employees irrespective of where they are located
- Track and report all your CSR activities
- Provide dedicated support every step of the way
- Customize as per your requirements
According to a study, 92 percent of consumers view organizations positively if they support a social cause. Givinga encourages modern giving. Get started by accessing the Philantech® Open API to build products that reward the act of giving and also transform your brand. You can create innovative giving programs that make a difference in a cost-effective way.
2. Sourcing tools
Sourcing is one of those time-consuming tasks that you would always like to procrastinate as an HR professional but if you have the right set of tools, then definitely it makes the process of sourcing candidates a cakewalk.
Here is a list of tools that can help you with your sourcing requirements:
This tool is used by almost 30% of the reputed fortune 500 companies, including Bank of America, Nestle, PWC, and Microsoft. It’s able to find twice the amount of email addresses that could be unearthed by Linkedin.
- Linkedin Sourcing: Use the Chrome extension on your Linkedin to find emails as well as phone numbers. It also works fine on Github.
- Save leads to your dashboard: You can now easily save Linkedin leads to your ContactOut dashboard and share them with your team. With just one click, you should be able to export it to your dashboard or ATS.
- Search portal: You can directly source candidates using the search portal. You can do an unlimited number of searches and also discover candidates who’re not yet on Linkedin.
- Email campaigns:
With an annual billing plan, you will be able to save up to 33%.
- Basic: This is available at $49/month/user if billed monthly and $39/month/user if billed annually.
- Sales: This plan is available at $99/month/user if billed monthly and $99/month/user if billed annually.
- Recruiter: You can avail of this plan at $199/month/user if billed monthly and $159/month/user if billed annually.
- Team: This plan starts at $5000 and you need to contact the team to discuss the details.
Now job advertising becomes simple with Appcast. Whether you’re conducting a hiring drive or focusing on the key roles, this tool will help you in finding candidates for all your open positions. This organization works with companies across different sectors including, healthcare, retail, logistics, and more.
This tool comes in three versions:
- Premium – If you’re an enterprise organization and hiring at scale, then Appcast Premium is perfect for you. What you get is:
- Complete coverage across all the leading job sites
- Powered by the most renowned programmatic data and tech
- Assitance by expert job advertisers
- Xcelerate – Now use rule-based algorithms to find qualified candidates for every open role you have in your organization. You need Xcelerate if:
- You want to pay only when candidates apply for a job
- You only spend on jobs that need more candidates
- You want to determine where in a network on 10,000 plus job sites, your job stands the chance of finding the most ideal candidates
- Global Hiring – It becomes easier now to find global candidates using a combination of resume databases, job adverts, job distribution emails, and branding ads. With Global Hiring, you can now:
- Reach a pool of candidates located in more than 138 nations
- Distribute your jobs across many leading local sites
- Simplify the entire process with just one contract, invoice, and currency
3. Onboarding tools
First impressions always count and that’s what matters the most when it comes to user onboarding. Here is a list of onboarding tools you can consider for onboarding employees in your organization.
a) Bamboo HR
Prominent studies concluded that employees decide within the first six months whether they would like to stick to an organization for the long term or not. BambooHR is a platform that enables you to create a great onboarding experience for your new hires. The platform makes the entire process very organized and efficient.
Here is a quick look at some of the benefits that this platform offers:
- Creates personal connections
- Gets your new hires up to speed in no time
- Saves time with its digitized processes
- Manages all your sensitive data in one place
Revolutionize your employee onboarding experience with this intuitive onboarding tool called Talmundo. It is a known fact that engaged new hires are able to hit the peak performance quicker and stay longer with an organization. With this tool, you will be to build new hire journeys and view measurable results.
What makes this tool stand out from others:
- It can be fully customized as per your brand and vision.
- It’s a mobile-friendly tool that you can access on the go.
- It integrates seamlessly with HR admins systems and other ATS.
- It offers multi-media training, and interactive modules and quizzes.
If you would like to take your employee onboarding experience one-notch higher, then you should definitely try this employee onboarding platform. This tool offers you a completely different onboarding experience. Now you need not depend on heavy files and videos and you can easily onboard your employees through Slack with the aid of their Slack bot.
The best part about this tool is that it is completely customizable. The onboarding process and experience of every organization differ from one another. With this tool, you get to decide what would you like to include in your onboarding kit. Here is how it works:
- Organize the onboarding workflow with the help of a drag-and-drop sequence
- Add as many sequences as possible for your new hires and further you can customize the sequence for a specific hire
- Keep your colleagues and new hires posted on the tasks they would be required to complete and everything is fully automated
4. Pre-employment assessment tools
An increasing number of companies are leaning heavily towards using different kinds of pre-employment assessment tools to do a thorough analysis and comparison of the critical competencies of their shortlisted pool of candidates. Here is a quick tool at these tools which come in different shapes and sizes:
This tool offers an AI-powered methodology to automate the found round of tech interviews and evaluate candidates for software roles. Here’s how it works:
- Select from the available test options or get a custom test created by one of the experts
- Send an invitation to the shortlisted candidates via email or links to complete the assessment
- Review the scores based on real-time notifications
- Interview the candidates who cleared the assessment and close the position
This pre-assessment tool will boost your confidence during the hiring phase. This is a completely customized test that measures the candidates’ intelligence and personality for a selected role. You can create hiring profiles and list the desirable traits and problem-solving abilities of the candidates and then compare them against each other. The best part is that it offers customizable features depending on the size of the organization.
Here is a quick look at the features of this tool:
- It is easy to use keeping the mindset of the recruiters and hiring managers in mind
- It generates reports which illustrate the key competencies of the candidates
- It allows you to compare candidates to job benchmarks using custom hiring profiles
- It comes with a well-integrated API that allows you to integrate Berke into your recruiting systems
This tech-recruiting platform will help you to build strong engineering teams and supports online technical interviews and coding challenges to help you evaluate the skills of a candidate for a wide range of developer roles including Front-end, Back-end, DevOps, Cloud, and more. You can use this tool to create assessments, evaluate the codes developed by the candidates and then interview the best of the lot.
5. Job advert optimization tools
Did you ever wonder why you always land up getting similar candidate profiles that reply or respond to your job ads? Yes, it could be because of the kind of occupation you are in but it could also be due to your company culture.
Regarding job adverts, using certain words can have a bigger impact on the candidates. In case you’re diversity hiring, then you would definitely need to be thorough with how you frame your job adverts. The advancement of technology has made it possible to introduce AI-driven writing tools that could turn your job adverts into a huge success.
Here are a few tools that can help you perfect your job adverts in no time:
This is a great tool that will help you eliminate biased and boring job descriptions. Biases are not only related to gender or race. It could even be against people born out of a specific region or state. Here is a quick look at what this tool has to offer:
- A career site job search powered by AI and Google Cloud Job Discovery
- Ability to add recruiting widgets to job pages
- Jobs optimized for Google
- Text analyzer for analyzing your text for readability and gender bias
If you intend to show up as an organization that wants to be in the talent market and measure how your language patterns reflect your brand, then Textio is your go-to tool.
According to Brad Miller, Site Director of the P&G Smart Lab, “An above-average Textio Score will bring us about a 30% increase in the number of people qualified for an assessment.”
Here are a few benefits that this tool brings to you:
- Recruitment marketing
- Culture change
- Digital transformation
Woah! You now have 12 HR tools to help you succeed in your career.
Let us know in the Comments section which tool from above made it to your list of favorites.