Most coffee-holics would agree that every day should be National Coffee Day — however, the rest of the nation will be celebrating on Thursday, September 29th.
Some businesses rely heavily on both the caffeinated and social perks of coffee. We’re all aware of which people in the office need at least one cup of coffee before being spoken to, those who need a cup of joe in their hand all day to function, and the guy who will argue to his death that his coffee place makes the only coffee worth sipping.
Lack of coffee or a sudden switch in the type of coffee can lead to unfortunate incidents, like setting your workplace on fire.
Coffee is still big business, especially office coffee that saw a 4.5 percentage increase from 2015 to 2016. In fact, the industry has grown to a new high of $4.96 billion dollars. Quantum Workplace — a company with an employee feedback platform designed to make work better each day — created the infographic below looking at the office coffee trends you need to know.
Here’s a look into some interesting office coffee drinking habits:
- 73.4% of employees drink coffee, making it much more popular than other caffeinated drinks
- 20.9% of employees said Starbucks is their favorite brand of coffee
- 67.1% of employees only drink coffee in the morning
- Only 15.4% of employees bring coffee into work for co-workers once a month
- 81.8% of employees said their company offers free coffee in the kitchen/cafeteria
So, grab a cup of your favorite coffee — or even better, the free brew in the office kitchen — and check out the full infographic below:
Leave A Comment