In the Inside Internal Communication 2016 Survey, Paulson Training states that employees with the highest level of commitment perform 20% better and are 87% less likely to leave the organization, making employee communications essential to organization success.
Newsweaver has teamed up with Ragan Communications to survey over 850 internal communicators to gain insight into the latest and emerging trends in Internal Communication . Inside IC seeks to understand what is working for internal communicators and what is blocking them from achieving their goals.
The survey results present interesting findings relating to department budgets, measurement trends, common challenges, senior leadership perception and much more. This infographic provides a synopsis of some of the most interesting insights garnered from this year’s survey.
- 58% of internal communication departments think the department is not involved in strategic decisions early enough to impact the effectiveness of communication.
- 65% say it is difficult to show how internal communication affects change among employees within our organization.
- 93% of respondents think it is important to measure the impact of IC. However, the majority of respondents are not measuring IC with only 53% able to measure their intranet (53%), and just 46% measuring email.
- 35% of respondents have a IC budget of $10,000 or less.
- 71% of respondents expect their IC budget to remain flat over the next 24 months.
Download the eBook and get practical ideas on designing employee engagement activities for your team!