When working with innovation and developing new products, a good team is very important. Any idea, any project starts with a person, or rather with communication between people. Therefore, human resources are among the most important for any company, including an innovative one. The winners today are those who have been able to get their employees working from home in a way that makes them feel physically and emotionally comfortable. After all, people react to change in different ways. Remote HR is now a necessity.
The statistics presented by the American company SHRM Association are mixed: during the quarantine period, 30% of IT experts said that with the transition to a remote location their productivity has increased, and 70% said that remained the same or decreased. Before the quarantine, 39% of employees surveyed said the main reason for stress and demotivation in the workplace was the inefficient exchange of information and lack of feedback.
Most companies either have no HR department or only one or two people are involved in HR. And now it is becoming more and more popular to outsource these activities to recruitment agencies. Who can not only find the necessary employees but also continue to deal with most of the work associated with employees?
Pros for the Manager
- There are no geographic restrictions. The recruiter has more opportunities when selecting IT talents. This is especially true if the company is located in a small city where there is a shortage of good specialists. If the company is in a big city – it is possible to hire employees with potential and lower salary expectations;
- Reduced operating costs. For example, for the office, equipment, tea, coffee, etc., as well as saving time for the receptionist and office managers. The money saved can be put into payroll and hire a more experienced employee.
- People who work remotely are more productive. This was confirmed, for example, by scientists from Stanford University: in their study of 500 subjects, productivity when working from home increased by an average of 13%. The scientists themselves called it “a huge improvement,” and are surprised by these results.
- Remote work naturally attracts motivated people who are capable of self-organization and can take personal responsibility.
Supporting HR remote work almost automatically means that your organization will have a more diverse workforce – from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds. Such a project development team can produce more interesting, unconventional, creative ideas. The difference between those companies that recruit workers in only one country and those that do not limit themselves in the states is statistically very significant: the profit of the latter is on average 33-35% higher, according to McKinsey.
Of course, the complete transition of a company to a remote site is not such an easy process. You would have to create a remote management team, probably investing in their training. A good remote manager who can keep track of employees, create common goals, and maintain morale is a great value.
What Are HR Remote Jobs?
First of all, finding candidates according to the employer’s requirements. But the main thing nowadays is not just to find the necessary specialist, but to convince him to go to a particular employer. If it is not so difficult to find a worker, especially offering a higher salary, then it is not so easy to find a decent specialist in IT. The HR manager has a wide range of job responsibilities. They can be divided into blocks:
- Improving the work of the human resources department.
- Information and technical systems in personnel management.
- Recruitment of specialists.
- Assistance in adaptation, introduction to the team, and training of employees.
- Creating a team atmosphere and managing relationships within the staff environment.
- Rewarding / penalizing employees.
- Assisting in the development of the company.
LinkedIn estimates that 81% of recruiters, HR, and Talent Acquisition managers have taken virtual recruiting for granted. And 70% consider it the new standard, mastering remote communication and business netiquette.
In a remote work environment, leadership is the most important thing. It helps to combat communication errors, misunderstandings (and there can be a lot of them when you make an abrupt transition). It takes a lot of effort and many years of practice to get the skills to effectively lead an IT project team.
Companies are increasingly inclined to hire remote HR managers for their remote teams. Because then HR can fully organize the work in a remote format and be at one with the team. One of the main factors in a manager’s move to remote is that online they are more efficient. In Zoom and Slack, you can immediately see who is working and who is just parasitizing on other people’s labor.
The good HRs really make an impact and inspire or teach others. The uselessness of bad managers became all too apparent. In person, they could easily be overrated, roaming the floors, “looking out for employees,” and “speaking on their behalf” in meetings.
Remotely, managers’ inefficiencies are glaring-they just have to really get down to business. A smart boss should be happy to see his people working quickly – such employees should be paid more.
Distance working destroys the myth that a good manager and HR manager can only work effectively in the office. Remote HR positions bring a lot of benefits to the company, they work better and maintain contact with all employees.
8 Advantages of Outsourced HR Specialists
What are the advantages of cooperation between business and HR-partner on outsourcing?
- Saving time and money for the maintenance of a regular employee (workplace, payroll, taxes).
- The concentration of experience and knowledge, applicable to the needs of your business. At the same time looking from the outside helps to see more.
- Practical implementation of projects with full responsibility for the result.
- The owner’s understanding of the real state of business processes of personnel management.
- Conflict prevention and improved team communication.
- Flexible schedule, which will allow being always in touch.
- Development of corporate culture, increasing staff loyalty.
- Introduction of non-material motivation.
Thus you get high quality and comprehensive HR support from an expert to solve clearly defined tasks in terms of results and deadlines in the best budget, without increasing the cost of maintaining a staff member.
Leave A Comment